To refine the original plan and specification of this architect custom designed home to allow cost savings without compromising the design intent or the finished home.
- Large slope from front to rear
- Height of build was at the allowable maximum to enable views
- Specifying tough finishes to withstand a growing family
- Architectural design; built to a fixed price contract
Coming to us with DA approved plans for a home design they loved, it was an eye-opener for our clients when we first told them what it would cost to build. However, I also told them that we could work to refine the original specification and design to enable cost savings. Between us, a workable budget was set and we got on with the task.
The finished home in North Curl Curl shows no signs of the early compromises made to save costs. With the kitchen bathed in natural light and the Manly headland view captured perfectly, this home is pure joy to live in.
Regular site meetings to check in on progress and discuss direction ensured Murray and Deb enjoyed the building process as a whole. The ability to have such open and honest communication enabled us to put forward many pivotal design ideas through the build. Some ideas include:
- Vertical timber batten details to garage door
- Custom-built entry door using identical timber to the garage door
- No door to the pantry in favour of a stylish internal pantry fit-out
- Reconfiguring ensuite size and layout to fit a semi-free staining bath and large shower niche inserts
The finished result of this home is one that allows both family life and entertaining alike. Attention to detail allowed us to maximise every dollar spent by the clients resulting in a home that exceeded all expectations.