- To design and build a functional home to suit this young family both now and into the future.
- Address the council flood regulations and overcome foundational challenges to ensure the long-term integrity of the home.
- Take full advantage of the amazing lakeside location and its relaxed Northern Beaches lifestyle.
- Ground level a mere 2.0m above sea level
- Open rear yard to Narrabeen Lake walkway
- Privacy maintained whilst still capturing the outlook
- Low-maintenance materials used to suit the coastal environment
Our clients came to us knowing what they did and didn’t want. One thing for certain was that they did not want a cookie-cutter house. What they did want was to have their input listened to, absorbed and then taken to the next level by a professional builder.
Central to the design was the need to build up and away from the flood water level. To do this and maintain that lovely lakeside vibe, we employed a very open subfloor structure together with a suspended concrete slab floor. This allowed large spans and overhangs so that plants could be grown to spill out underneath and around the home.
The suspended slab structure greatly enhanced the thermal efficiency of the home as well. No creaks or groans in this home. It also coordinated with a raft slab foundation design. All in all, the effort in this design resulted in a sound, solid, efficient home that was cost-effective to build, without the uncertainty of screw piers in a flood zone.
Returning now to this home, it’s a place of sanctuary. The lake views are ever present as you move about the home, while an all-important sense of privacy and homely comfort is maintained.
A true forever family home on the lake. What could be nicer?
This home has recently been filmed and will appear in Season 6 of Open Homes Australia.