To make the most of a small 420m² block with sweeping ocean views. Clients asked for a home that was easy to look after, easy to live in and that would also accommodate large family gatherings.
- Small blocks are nothing unusual, however with this land having a width of 20m and a front boundary that is angled, our allowable building area was much less than normal.
- With close attention to our clients brief and intelligent design, we were able to build a compact home that makes use of every m².
- The homes beautiful visual appeal allows it to sit comfortably with the very large homes around it.
- With our encouragement and clever design, these owners opted to install no air-conditioning into their home.
- Window heights and balustrades were well designed to provide privacy from street level, whilst allowing unobstructed ocean views.
These clients purchased their newly sub-divided block of land in 2012. The rear neighbour had previously enjoyed uninterrupted views, so it was vital that, in conjunction with council, we designed an intelligent and smart home to not only be considerate to the rear neighbour, but to also ensure that our client achieved the most they could from their design. Council approval was swift and the home took only 8 months from start to finish.
“So many of our friends and family told us, ‘don’t build, don’t do it, you’re crazy’ – but obviously, they had not met the team from Peninsula Homes! We can’t speak highly enough of both Paul and Steve. Our home exceeded anything we anticipated!”